Rimmel nude/pink lipsticks haul and review! | JustSylBeauty

July 15, 2012

Rimmel nude/pink lipsticks haul and review!

Hi Ladies,
I'm on the mission to find my perfect pink/nude lipstick for a while already and unfortunately, I'm still not fully satisfied with what I discover lol. Or the lippy is too pink, or is identical with my lips color so it's not really what I'm looking for. Just to make it clear, all lipsticks with gloss on top look fabulous, but I want a lipstick, that looks just right without any gloss etc. ;-) We will see!


My last lipstick haul consist mostly Rimmel lippies, which are pretty affordable and had good reviews. I decided that before splurging on a lipstick, that I won't be sure I will like, I'm going to test shades/colors with cheaper version to find my perfect shade.

From left: Rimmel Lasting Finish 006 Pink Blush, Rimmel Moisture Renew 220 Pink Chic, Rimmel Volume Booster 117 Glam and Rimmel Lasting Finish 070 Airy Fairy

 I found these lipsticks very pigmented, creamy, last quite long but as you will see below Pink Blush and Pink Chic are almost identical...


Pink Chic as well as Pink Blush are very pretty bright pinks, good for nights out not necessary for day time for me. Pink Chic feels like it moisturize my lips better and gives it more wet look, that I really like. Pink Blush is more creamy, more pigmented with less shine, so it pops out more but because it's a really bright pink doesn't look that flattering on me, at least during the day.
Edit: I actually start loving Pink Chic and so far I wear it almost every single day. It's actually a very pretty girly pink, perfect for summer!

Pink Chic and Pink Blush (no lip gloss, picture with flash)

Glam and Airy Fairy look quite similar, where Glam is more brown nude and Airy Fairy is more rosy brown/pink shade. I actually like them both especially with a gloss of top, but still, they are too similar to my natural lips color. Glam feels more moisturizing on my lips and give them more shine which I really like.

Glam and Airy Fairy (no lip gloss, picture with flash)


Overall, I have to admit that considering lines, I'm not a big fan of  Lasting Finish, which for me is just too matte, heavy and dries out my lips after a while. I really liked Moisture Renew line ( has SPF 18!) and will definitely check out more colors from it!

What are yours favorite drugstore nude/pink lippies ? I would love to try out some more shades!

Have a fab Sunday!
xox

4 comments

  1. I too am looking for the perfect nude!

    Have you tried Revlon Lip Butters? I'm loving them... in particular shade Peach Parfait.. not a nude, but a more pinkish colour (on my lips it is anyway). It also has a bit of a shimmer as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, I was looking at them last time! Peach Parfait looks like a nice peachy nude shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rimmel lipsticks are amazing. Great swatches.

    feminine-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post.
    http://beautydrugs.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete