Primer challenge! the Porefessional by Benefit vs E.l.f Mineral Infused Face | JustSylBeauty

July 4, 2012

Primer challenge! the Porefessional by Benefit vs E.l.f Mineral Infused Face

Hi Beauties,
Today post is all about primers. I own two which I use on daily basis and I decided to do a review and compare high end one with the drugstore. High end one is the Porefessional by Benefit Cosmetics ($30) and drugstore is Mineral Infused Face Primer by E.l.f ($6)



Some time ago there was a lot of hype about new Benefit Porefessional balm/primer that was suppose to minimize the appearance of pores, so I really wanted to try it out and it turn out to be my favorite.

First of all what is the most important to me in any kind of primers, as for the person who has a combination skin - is to avoid getting oily T-zone. I've got two different results with these products.

Keeping the skin matte  & lasting time
Let's start with Benefit's the Porefessional - no matter if I'm using foundation, bb cream or tinted moisturizer - this primer keeps everything in place for hours and most important thing - keeps my skin look beautiful and matte.

With E.l.f's primer though, it depends what product I will use on top. Keeps my face looking matte with only foundations, unfortunately whenever I have my bb cream on, it's not doing a very good job keeping everything in place after few hours and my face starts to get a little bit oily.

Minimazing the appearance of pores
Visible effects after using the Porefessional, not so much after E.l.f. Still my skin was super smooth after using both!

Application & texture
 the Porefessional is a translucent, nude balm, and E.l.f is a consistency of a clear gel. Application both products is very easy and afterwards your skin feels incredible smooth. I love it!

left: E.l.f  | right: Benefit

Overall I like both products. It depends how much you want to spend on a primer. I use E.l.f almost every day and the Porefessional on a special occasions, whenever I want my makeup to last all day/night. I will definitely repurchase Benefit's because I was really impressed with the results!


What are yours favorite primers? I would love to try other brands!

Happy 4th of July everyone!
xox


2 comments

  1. you are so beautiful girl....


    Rdgs
    Esther Lee
    http://CheapFakeEyelashes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried Porefessional and I personally don't see the difference between that and other primers I've used. It does do the job of keeping makeup on longer and minimizing pores... Although since Ive been using clarisonic, my pores seem to have shrunk a bit and are no longer an issue.

    I am currently using Make Up For Ever HD Primer in Apricot, and that too is pretty good. Does the job :P Still on the search for one that stands out and is a HG material, although I'm not too sure I have a HG criteria for primers...

    ReplyDelete