Foundation talk! Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage review | JustSylBeauty

July 21, 2012

Foundation talk! Revlon Age Defying with DNA Advantage review

Hey Beauties,
With almost end of July, and unfortunately not very hot weather here, I start looking for a good foundation for combination skin. First, I really wanted to get Revlon ColorStay Whipped Creme, but they didn't have it in stock, so I ended up getting Revlon Age Defying in Soft Beige with SPF20.


I got home and I start reading reviews (usually I'm doing it first, but I thought I'm gonna come back with ColorStay Whipped Creme) and then it started... I've read hundreds of negative reviews about this product. How shimmery and grease makes your skin to look, the coverage is bad etc. I was literally very disappointed, but I know that every each of us has different type and skin needs, so obviously I was very curious to try it out anyways.

This morning I applied my moisturizer, E.l.f mineral primer, the foundation and set it up with E.l.f Complexion Perfection. First, what I noticed, was that the product is very buildable. You can work your way up to medium coverage, which I achieved easily.

The texture is creamy, something between thick and liquid. I applied it with my Sigma F80 foundation brush (my fav of all time!) and it went on very well.

Revlon Age Defying in Soft Beige - not blended

I read that Age Defying has a little bit of shimmer in it, but honestly it's not visible unless you take picture with flash of the product swatch and anyways it only gave my 23 year old skin a beautiful glow! It's definitely a deep dewy finish. I was checking myself throughout the day to see how the foundation stays on and my face wasn't grease or shimmery and the product stayed on pretty good.

 Revlon Age Defying in Soft Beige - blended (picture with flash, where you can notice a little bit of shimmer)

I think this foundation would be perfect for dry, normal and even combination skin! I wouldn't recommend it for the oily types, because of the shimmer that might end up looking grease. I really like this foundation and will definitely will keep using it.

Me wearing Revlon Age Defying in Soft Beige

Have a great weekend,
xox

2 comments

  1. Thanks for sharing such a great information . I am truly grateful and really impressed. Muslim Charities

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Might try it, but the shimmer part is really holding me back though :P

    ReplyDelete